Friday, May 4, 2012

A Double Blessing ~

What a blessing it is to recognize that we are all doing our best. Moreover, it is a double blessing to realize that our best will continue to get better as we evolve emotionally and spiritually. In truth, our capacity to deepen is as unlimited as the Universe is infinite. For this reason, it is essential that we remain loving and patient with ourselves.

I always like to remind myself that it is a long song, and we can only hear a few notes at a time because the entire symphony is beyond anything the human ears can imagine. Still, as the strains of the celestial magic play for us always, on the silence of the gentlest breeze, we are receiving vast wisdom as the frequencies meld with the vibration of our auric field… such a powerful witnessing and listening as each note plays in a different color and interweaves itself with such magnificence.

2 comments:

Hanzze said...

Dividing one's thinking into two sorts

The Blessed One said, "Monks, before my self-awakening, when I was still just an unawakened Bodhisatta, the thought occurred to me: 'Why don't I keep dividing my thinking into two sorts?' So I made thinking imbued with sensuality, thinking imbued with ill will, & thinking imbued with harmfulness one sort, and thinking imbued with renunciation, thinking imbued with non-ill will, & thinking imbued with harmlessness another sort.

"And as I remained thus heedful, ardent, & resolute, thinking imbued with sensuality arose in me. I discerned that 'Thinking imbued with sensuality has arisen in me; and that leads to my own affliction or to the affliction of others or to the affliction of both. It obstructs discernment, promotes vexation, & does not lead to Unbinding.'

"As I noticed that it leads to my own affliction, it subsided. As I noticed that it leads to the affliction of others... to the affliction of both... it obstructs discernment, promotes vexation, & does not lead to Unbinding, it subsided. Whenever thinking imbued with sensuality had arisen, I simply abandoned it, destroyed it, dispelled it, wiped it out of existence.

"And as I remained thus heedful, ardent, & resolute, thinking imbued with ill will arose in me. I discerned that 'Thinking imbued with ill will has arisen in me; and that leads to my own affliction or to the affliction of others or to the affliction of both. It obstructs discernment, promotes vexation, & does not lead to Unbinding.'

"As I noticed that it leads to my own affliction, it subsided. As I noticed that it leads to the affliction of others... to the affliction of both... it obstructs discernment, promotes vexation, & does not lead to Unbinding, it subsided. Whenever thinking imbued with ill will had arisen, I simply abandoned it, destroyed it, dispelled it, wiped it out of existence."

— MN 19

Cathy Ginter said...

Yes... eventually, we must even burn the stick that stirs the fire... all Love ~