Friday, October 14, 2011

Movement

AUM pervades everything, equally, like space. Within It, there are no distinctions such as high and low. The formless Unmanifest manifests as form; how else could the Imperishable show forth Its Light? ~ Song of the Avadhut

On a recent holiday to Niagara Falls, I experienced such a brilliant reflection. In fact, truth revealed itself quite suddenly and unexpectedly as is so often the case with most spiritual insights. While our rising star touched the morning air, I saw the breath of fluidity, flowing across the earth in complete synchronicity. I watched a leaf, floating on the slightest current of wind. I observed each drop of water, surging over the falls, meeting the massive foam where light and spray created a double rainbow prism. I became every step, hiking across the trails around the river's bend. I was the seagull, perched patiently on a broken tree limb, waiting for a fish to come by.

Even as I continued to view this vast and complex panorama unfold, I soon noticed Love's radiance in the face of a child, laughing as she played with a stick on the edge of the water's path. I found Love painted in the richness of the land, burgeoning with the first trace of autumn colors. I knew Love as the sun, shimmering across the water and meeting the mist in a tremendous rush. And as I became very still, I was this Love, coursing through my very bones, lifting my spirits ever higher.

This gentle falling of leaves; this power of water, spilling over rocks; and this simplicity of formlessness, moving within me, sang the song of a new day and a new way of living and being in the world. For then, I saw my devotion to Love to be the greatest treasure of all. And as I witnessed my own eyes, soaking in the purest sapphire blue sky, every form simultaneously became a vessel for this most authentic certainty: I am the movement of this one Life.

2 comments:

Charlie Riverman Bergeron said...

This is an amazingly beautiful and spirit-filled adventure you have taken us on. I am honored to have shared your experience so deeply.

Cathy Ginter said...

Thank you, Charlie... with love from the Heart ~